Source numbering sequence on reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source numbering sequence on reports

I am using Reunion 10. Why do some (not all) of my source numbering sequence on register reports, family history reports, etc. show up in non-chronological order? I have them in chronological order in Reunion 10. I am including a sample from a register report. In the sample see the source numbering sequence for “Born on 10 Feb 1806 in Morris Co., NJ.12,4.”

SAMPLE --

“In Dec 1826 when Ann "Anna" was 20, she married Robert Sylvester KELSO Sr. in Franklin Co., OH.7,4 Born on 10 Feb 1806 in Morris Co., NJ.12,4 Robert Sylvester died in Park Co., CO, in Nov 1874; he was 68.12 Buried in Horn Cemetery, Park Co., Colorado.12,13
    Last edited by brcox1; 25 March 2020, 07:49 AM.

I am still in need of advice on this topic!!! I am doing a 132 page register report and have to go line by line to see if I need to change any of my sources within the body of the report (not the separate source list). It is very tedious work. So, I would appreciate any suggestions on this topic.

Comment

Hi,

The order of the citation numbers is determined by the order they appear in the Source Citations list in the Edit Person/Family screens.

There's no way to automatically sort those. You would need to manually edit each record and drag them into the appropriate order.

Sorry I don't have better news,
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Even those whose source numbers that are not in chronological order in the register reports, I’ve double checked the Source Citations list in the Edit Person/Family screens and those are in the right order. What I'm asking is why is this happening????

Comment

You would need to manually edit each record and drag them into the appropriate order.
          The sources ARE in the appropriate order in Reunion 10. I am using Pages as my destination. Was wondering if maybe that could be the problem. But, like I've said that it doesn't happen with all the fields that I have more than one source.

Comment

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
            What I'm asking is why is this happening?
            I understand what you're asking.

The only reason I'm aware of that sources would be out of order is the reason I mentioned above.

If you'd be willing to send the family file to us, as outlined here, I can take a look at it and see if I can determine the cause of the problem. Please include details on some specific entries (names, dates, Person ID #'s) in your email.

Thanks,
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
            X