This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another newby question

On the family card I have several categories I like to use, birth, death, occupation, education, religion and note. I added Military/Battle but it won't show up. It's in the list under occupation when I open the field, but it won't show up on the family card. Any ideas?

Re: Another newby question

Fields appear in Views. So you need to go Family View (top left) > Couple > Add Field. Hope this helps.

Comment

Yes, thank you, but why won't it appear on the family card under birth and death, etc., where I can see it. Is there a limit to how many fields show up on the card?

Comment

Originally posted by spiritree View Post
        On the family card I have several categories I like to use, birth, death, occupation, education, religion and note. I added Military/Battle but it won't show up. It's in the list under occupation when I open the field, but it won't show up on the family card. Any ideas?
        Assuming that Military/Battle is a field you have added as a fact (as opposed to say a flag), your family view could exist of (see attachment);
        - Events (Birth - Date) -> this is a one liner for birth and date
        - Smart lists (facts) -> this would show occupation, education, religion and Military/Battle ut a smart list only shows these for non-blank entries,
        - Notes

This list would use the less space for birth and death, all the facts to which there are values and your notes field. The birth and death could also be added to couple within button (as opposed to under button) which would provide more space (depending on how you display much is within button).

You can also resize the allocation of space for each, if desired. The attached image shows the note field and the box around it has a little resize black box lower right. Click and drag this to allocate space. With the smart list, and putting notes at the end, you should be ok without a resize.

Hope this helps?
        PC
        Attached Files

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words! Thank you. It all makes sense when you can see where you are supposed to be.

My husband is interested in his military ancestors so I'm wanting to go through and make note of all the men who served in the various wars and all the people already in organizations like DAR. Here is a picture of a family card with the fields I'm hoping to sort by categories.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X