This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multimedia questions

I upgraded from v.9 to v.10 a few days ago but this question applies to both.
    In the manual, it tells how to drag pictures from iPhoto onto a person's name button or into the Marriage Field in Reunion. Problem: it's not working. What am I doing wrong?
    Related question: is it possible to edit (adjust shading, sharpness, crop, etc.) pictures that are already in the Reunion Multimedia folder (not in iPhoto)?
    Thanks

Re: Multimedia questions

Originally posted by RSTAMBAUGH View Post
    is it possible to edit (adjust shading, sharpness, crop, etc.) pictures that are already in the Reunion Multimedia folder (not in iPhoto)?
    Thanks
    I leave your first question to be answered by someone who uses iPhoto.

As to the 2nd: You can edit any image file in the Reunion multimedia folder with any of the usual applications: Photoshop, GraphicConverter, etc.

If all you want to do is crop the way they are shown within Reunion, you can certainly still use Reunion to do that.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

I've just tried doing the same to my family file, using my g.son as an example, by
      dragging an image from iPhoto to the name button and works as it should.

This may sound a stupid question, but are you opening up multimedia afterwards? if you are and you have several photos for that person, you can scroll down by using the scroll bar to the right of the M/Media column. It may be one of those that is hidden until you scroll down.

As far as I know, any images in the M/Media are only "alias" and are located, in this case, in iPhoto where you can adjust and crop accordingly. It's not possible to do so within Reunion.

Edit; I stand corrected - you can crop within Reunion using the facility at the left far bottom of the opened image.
      Last edited by alan; 22 November 2013, 04:05 PM.
      iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
        As far as I know, any images in the M/Media are only "alias" and are located, in this case, in iPhoto where you can adjust and crop accordingly. It's not possible to do so within Reunion.
        What you can do within Reunion is to crop the photo to the area that you want Reunion to use on family cards, and in reports and charts. This doesn't change the original file, it only changes how Reunion uses it.

This is especially handy in family photos with several people in them; you can choose which person to display on which card without having to have more than one copy of the file.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
        X