This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion created website and iCloud

Does anyone know if you can put a website created with Reunion on iCloud similar to the way people used to upload their sites to iDisk?

Anyone know if there are any plans to integrate Reunion and iCloud in a manner similar to the way the Apple apps do? I know a number software companies tried to do full integration on Mountain Lion which was supposed to be possible but ran into problems, which I hope have been corrected with Mavericks.

Re: Reunion created website and iCloud

If you check, you will find that Reunion is not available through the App Store. General reason for that is that Apple's sand boxing requirements are at odds with the things that Leister wants Reunion to be able to do. While I'm not a programmer -- just a retired IT manager who knows a little about lots of different things -- my guess is that the same requirements would be in the way of your idea. P.S. Like Apple, Leister does not announce its plans until product is ready.

However, the good news is that there are ways of dealing with this. While they may not be perfect... search this site for discussion involving using Dropbox to get a taste.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson524 View Post
      Does anyone know if you can put a website created with Reunion on iCloud similar to the way people used to upload their sites to iDisk?
      iCloud does not support the same type of web sharing that iDisk supported, so there's no mechanism for uploading a bunch of HTML files to iCloud and then viewing them with a web browser.

If you go to iCloud.com and sign in you'll see the 9 different, specific things you can do with iCloud.

Roger
      Roger Moffat
      http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
      http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson524 View Post

Anyone know if there are any plans to integrate Reunion and iCloud in a manner similar to the way the Apple apps do? I know a number software companies tried to do full integration on Mountain Lion which was supposed to be possible but ran into problems, which I hope have been corrected with Mavericks.
        Although I have never tried posting a Reunion web site to Dropbox, I have successfully built and deployed a specific USAF Veteran's web site using iWeb on Dropbox.
        I suspect there might be a big problem with the multimedia links in Reunion to have that function correctly in Dropbox.

I don't see any way this would be possible using iCloud.

Comment

Originally posted by bringel View Post
          ...I suspect there might be a big problem with the multimedia links in Reunion to have that function correctly in Dropbox...
          Multimedia links are not a problem when posting a web project to Dropbox.

See the 4th example, in this list for a Dropbox-hosted web project from Reunion 10...

Frank Leister
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            Multimedia links are not a problem when posting a web project to Dropbox.

See the 4th example, in this list for a Dropbox-hosted web project from Reunion 10...

http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/version10/webpub.php
            I've searched the forum and read all comments about using Dropbox to host Reunion web cards. I've also read what I can find about Dropbox on it's website. I know how Dropbox works. I know how to upload files to Dropbox. I know how to create Reunion web cards. What I don't know is what URL to give people to point them to a Dropbox hosted Reunion web card. I've look at the sample file that Leisterpro posted. I've never seen a URL like that. Where did that come from? And how did you know to do that?
            Donald W. Moore
            Virginia Beach, Virginia

Comment

See my post in this ReunionTalk thread...

Frank Leister
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X