This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

use of Family Multimedia

I've been using R10 for about a month but still can't find out how Family Multimedia are used in any reports or charts.

Thanks for any explanations.

Re: use of Family Multimedia

I believe if you put a check mark in the "Include preferred Pictures" box any images or records assigned to that person will appear in a chart.
    Likewise, if you select either Family History, Register of Ahnentafel reports the same applies.
    I don't think you can include more than the "preferred" picture.
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Thanks, Alan, but when I put a family photo in Family MultiMedia, the "preferred" option is grayed out for that photo.

Comment

Hi Lou,

I've just been to my family card and I see I have several images in multimedia. If I click on my name the media page opens and I can see all the images down the left side as thumbnails.
        Going to the bottom of the card and clicking on each one at a time, I see 2 of my images are checked as "Treat as document" and the preferred option is greyed out. Unchecking the treat as doc. allows the preferred option to become available.
        I'm now allowed to select any one image as the preferred one.

Is the similar to what you are seeing?

Alan
        iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

If you're trying to include the multimedia you've put in the family section, I believe the only place those will automatically show up in a generated product is in a slideshow. Reports and charts are limited to the preferred picture for people only, as far as I know.
          Tim Lundin
          Heartland Family Graphics
          http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
            Reports and charts are limited to the preferred picture for people only, as far as I know.
            This is correct, only preferred pictures for people can be automatically included in reports. However, you can use the features of your word processor to add other pictures once the report has been generated.

HTH
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              This is correct, only preferred pictures for people can be automatically included in reports. However, you can use the features of your word processor to add other pictures once the report has been generated.

HTH
              You can include family photos within Reports -> Web Project report if you check the box to include "media pages". Then view the web project report with your browser and click on the camera icon next to the marriage field of any family card to see all the family photos for the particular family.
              Last edited by ByronSpoon; 19 November 2013, 11:55 AM. Reason: "Web project" not "media project
              Byron Spoon

Comment

Working...
              X