Birth dates and death dates without year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birth dates and death dates without year

I am using Reunion 10. I was just curious as to how others input dates for people when the years are not known. For instance, I have a person I know was born on January 2, but do not know the birth year.

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
    I am using Reunion 10. I was just curious as to how others input dates for people when the years are not known. For instance, I have a person I know was born on January 2, but do not know the birth year.
    Let me clarify my question. I have several living people that I do not know the birth year for. So, when I select, for reports, "use privacy filtering", the information for these people do have information about them. How can I keep these individuals "private" in reports when I do not have a birth year?

Comment

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
      How can I keep these individuals "private" in reports when I do not have a birth year?
      You will need to use one of the privatization methods other than the People with no death date born after X option. Go to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Privacy & Sensitivity, Privacy

And you'll see two additional options, People with this flag checked: X and Marked people. In your case I would probably recommend the former -- create a new flag, e.g. "No Birth Year", via:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Fields, Person, Flags

And check that flag for the entries that don't have birth years. Then go back into the Privacy & Sensitivity settings and check the People with this flag checked: X option, then select your new flag in the drop-down for that option.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks for your help. To make it simpler & easier for me, I've decided to edit the birth year to "abt ----".

Comment

Working...
        X