This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed Location of the Media Files and Now I Can't Access

At the same time as getting a new computer, updating to Maverick and updating to Reunion 10, I also moved all of my media files from a small hard drive to a large one.

I tried using 'reveal in finder' for my 2,500 source files, but perhaps because they're on a hard drive, they're not being located.

Because the files are stored identically to how they were previously, the only part of the address that's changed, is the name of the hard drive. Is there a way to change the name of the drive easily or do I have to redo each file?

If you look at the attachment, it says FreeAgent GoFlex Drive. If I was able to change that word to LaCie, everything would show up automatically.

I just changed the name of the hard drive instead and everything showed up, but the Virgo in me would rather it was called what it is (LaCie) and I could easily change the file address in Reunion instead. Hope this makes sense
    Attached Files

Re: Changed Location of the Media Files and Now I Can't Access

Originally posted by Rae View Post
    I also moved all of my media files from a small hard drive to a large one. ...Is there a way to change the name of the drive easily or do I have to redo each file?
    I think all you have to do is add the new media location to the Multimedia Locations List.

Choose "Reunion" --> "Preferences"
    Click on the Multimedia Files button
    use the "+" button to add the new multimedia location to the "Search these locations for missing media items
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: Changed Location of the Media Files and Now I Can't Access

That worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
      X