This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attaching YouTube video

I would like to attach a YouTube video to one of my individual files in Reunion (latest version and running Marvericks). For some reason I cannot figure out how to do this. I know how to attach photographs, pdf files, etc. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

Re: attaching YouTube video

Originally posted by Ruby Coleman View Post
    I would like to attach a YouTube video to one of my individual files in Reunion (latest version and running Marvericks). For some reason I cannot figure out how to do this. I know how to attach photographs, pdf files, etc. Any ideas on this? Thanks.
    Hi Ruby,

Before linking a YouTube video to someone in Reunion, that video should be downloaded and saved onto your hard drive.

You may find KeepVid helpful in downloading the YouTube video to your hard drive.

KeepVid allows you to download streaming videos from sites like YouTube and save them in a variety of different file formats. (I recommend saving the YouTube video as an MP4 file since it will be linked to someone in your Reunion family file.)

Click here for information on how to use KeepVid.

Once the video file has been saved to your hard drive, it can be linked to someone in your family file.

I hope you find this information helpful in linking that YouTube video:-)
    Last edited by Deb; 05 November 2013, 03:57 PM.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Hi Ruby,

Before linking a YouTube video to someone in Reunion, that video should be downloaded and saved onto your hard drive.

You may find KeepVid helpful in downloading the YouTube video to your hard drive.

KeepVid allows you to download streaming videos from sites like YouTube and save them in a variety of different file formats. (I recommend saving the YouTube video as an MP4 file since it will be linked to someone in your Reunion family file.)

Click here for information on how to use KeepVid.

Once the video file has been saved to your hard drive, it can be linked to someone in your family file.

I hope you find this information helpful in linking that YouTube video:-)
      Thank you ... it works. Ruby
      Last edited by Deb; 07 November 2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Deb (or others),

Will this software work with an existing DVD? That is, will it allow me to cut a section from the DVD and attach ONLY that section to my Family File? Video is very new to me.

Thanks,
        Frank
        Frank Zwolinski
        Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
        MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Zwolinski View Post
          Deb (or others),

Will this software work with an existing DVD? That is, will it allow me to cut a section from the DVD and attach ONLY that section to my Family File? Video is very new to me.

Thanks,
          Frank
          KeepVid won't work with a DVD.

But, there probably is software which will do what you're wanting. Perhaps someone else can make a suggestion?
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X