Sharing a pedigree chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing a pedigree chart

I would like to produce a pedigree chart to send to someone who doesn't Reunion (or any genealogy software). I noticed the file extension for the pedigree chart is in "Box Chart" format. Is there a way to save it as a PDF so I can email it to this person for them to view and possibly print?

Hi, it would help if you shared which version of Reunion you're using and which OS, but yes, the simplest solution (and not just in Reunion) would be to "print to PDF" the chart you want to share. Hit Command-P (Print) and in the print utility dialog box (how many copies, etc), look at the bottom left to change the setting to print to PDF (it doesn't actually print then it just convert to PDF and saves it in that format). Notice how you name it and where you save it!
    Bradley Jansen
    OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Another option which might be better would be to save as a graphic file within the Reunion program and share that file.
      Bradley Jansen
      OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Thanks for your response. I will try to save as a graphic file. I had tried to save as a PDF and that didn't work so I didn't think the file format could be changed. Incidentally (and in the future if I post I will include this), I am using Reunion 11 on a MacBook Air OS 10.14.6.

Comment

In Reunion 11 you can use:

File -> Save Graphic File...

To save a chart as a PDF. Note you'll need to select PDF for the File format in the drop-down that opens.

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Mark. I don't know why I never noticed the "Save Graphic File". I was just trying the "Save as". I appreciate your response!

Comment

Working...
            X