No announcement yet.

Suppress Father's and Mother's Name in List of Items in Family History Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppress Father's and Mother's Name in List of Items in Family History Report

How can I suppress having the Father's and Mother's names show as part of a person's items in the Family History Report? Example shown below:

1 Joseph Jeffrey SEIDLER
    --------------------------------------------------
    Birth: Sep 26, 1944
    Birth Place: Baltimore, MD
    Father: Aaron Baldwin SEIDLER(Mar 15, 1921-)
    Mother: Pearl Elizabeth LEWIS(Mar 24, 1922-Jan 20, 2012)

It is not possible to suppress the names of the parents in a Family History Report. (As you have noticed, they are included by default.)

They may, however, be removed when the report is open in your word processor. (I understand this could be a little time consuming if your report is large.)

Another possible option, depending on the fields you "do" want to include, may be to create a different style of report?

For example, if you are okay with not including the Notes fields for each person, try creating a Descendant report.

I hope something mentioned here is helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I've always used the Descendant report only as a Family Tree. It can't show most of the data below can it (like the Family History Report does)?
      (The Family History Report did not used to include the father and mother. Why was it added? The father and mother information are usually already included in the Family History Report in their own entries?)

1 Joseph XXXXXXX
      --------------------------------------------------
      Birth: Sep 26, 19xx
      Birth Place: Baltimore, MD
      Father: Aaron Baldwin SEIDLER
      Mother: Pearl Elizabeth LEWIS
      Education: BS Mechanical Engr. (U of MD) & MS Nuclear Engr. (Ga Tech)
      Religion: Jewish
      Religious Name: Jossef ben Arun Ber
      DNA Haplogroup: I-P78 (part of I-M223)
      Email: joe@xxxx.com

Comment

Originally posted by joeseidler View Post
        I've always used the Descendant report only as a Family Tree. It can't show most of the data below can it (like the Family History Report does)?
        Actually, the Descendant report can show all Facts, Events and Flags. The parents are not included in the listing of fields in a Descendant report. A questionable field would be your email address. Depending on where your email address was entered, you may or may not be able to include it in a Descendant report. To define which fields you want to include in a Descendant report, select Define Layouts from the Layout menu (after selecting Reports > Descendant). Then, use the Define Descendant Report Layout window to select the fields you want.

(The Family History Report did not used to include the father and mother. Why was it added?
        I cannot say specifically when the parents began being included in the Family History Report. However, I did confirm that they were automatically included in Family History reports created using Reunion as early as version 5. And, I believe they were included in Family History reports created from previous versions.

Is it possible you were thinking of a different report that did not automatically include parents?
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I defer to any Leister tech support... usually. But I've been using Reunion for 10-15 years and the names of the Father and Mother are relatively new (certainly within the past 2 years). It doesn't help to debate, but it would be great if you brought it up at the next internal meeting discussing updates to Reunion. It's an unnecessary bit of information in most cases.

Comment

Actually the biggest question I have is why there is not an option rather than requiring it be displayed by default?
            Last edited by joeseidler; 22 June 2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Actually the biggest question I have is why there is not an option rather than requiring it be displayed by default?
              After more research, I found out the Father and Mother were first included in Family History Reports in Reunion 5. The idea came from a user in 1995. (Note: not all user requests are implemented. However, they are considered by our programmers. If our programmers like the idea, they will implement it in a future version.)

Therefore, having said that, I will add a request to our wish list to make including the Father and Mother "optional" in Family History Reports. While I cannot promise it will be implemented in a future version, I can promise it will be considered by our programmers.

I hope you find this information helpful
              Deb Stuller
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X