Upgrading to Mojave with Reunion 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to Mojave with Reunion 11

I wish to upgrade from Sierra to Mojave but understand Mojave does not support 32 bit programmes, which Reunion 11 is. If someone is running R11 on Mojave could they please let me know how that is working for them.

I appreciate one work-around is to upgrade to R12, but I'm not ready for this significant cost, as the added features do not interest me. Alternatively I might stay with Sierra.

Many thanks
    EM O'Connell
    New Zealand

Mojave can run 32 bits programs. But you get a warning that a 32 bits program could improve the performance (only the first start up a a program).
    About half year ago it was supposed that 'High Sierra' was the last OS X that could work with 32-bits programs, so it was surprising (at least for me) that Mojave (at this moment) actually can run 32 bits programs, but I don’t know if this will be continued the whole live cycle of 'Mojave.
    Suppose you have read the Notes 'Older versions’ from Leister HomePage.
    Last edited by fjvanbodegom; 13 February 2019, 03:38 AM.
    Frans van Bodegom
    Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

On June 5, 2018, at the WWDC, Apple announced the upcoming Mojave would be the last Mac OS to support 32 bit. Presumably, an updated OS will come out in Sept or Oct 2019 as 64 bit only. More details at https://9to5mac.com/2018/06/05/macos...2-bit-support/.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Many thanks Frans, I hadn't seen the Home Page notes for Older Versions so that was helpful. And the Mojave update link was an informative read thanks Bob. I might try to just upgrade to High Sierra in the meantime but I see I will have to eventually shell out for a Reunion upgrade. Looks like I'm eventually going to loose my beloved Picasa as well
        Best regards & many thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by EM O'Connell View Post
          ......Looks like I'm eventually going to loose my beloved Picasa as well
          I thought that, when Picasa's end was announced, in 2015, that Google recommended moving over to Google Photos. And that works just fine all the way up to Mojave.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thanks Bob, Google probably did announce that but I'm not quite ready to upload and trust my 400GB of images to them just yet ... I have a good directory system on my Mac but liked using Picasa to flick through a shoot before further processing. No doubt one day I'll have to succumb. Thanks Bob.

Comment

Working...
            X