Need to reconcile differing sources and notes between two files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to reconcile differing sources and notes between two files

Before switching to Reunion12, I wanted to reconcile differences in older versions, having different notes and sources. I must have opened older files when updating . Is there a way to do this other than reviewing every note and source on every person between files? Thank you
    Last edited by AMSmith; 28 January 2019, 03:17 PM.

I have exactly the same problem - I was wondering whether it might be possible by creating GEDCOM files? I had hoped that it would be possible to merge different versions or if one switches to ReUnion12, to transfer data from more than one file........ but I am unable to find advice needed.

Comment

I may have found a partial answer. In testing, I find that notes I put in the "free- form text" field of Reunion transfer in the details section of the Ancestry source. I'm also now playing with the Gedcom tags you can set in the Reunion prefernces to match those on Ancestry. You can download the "Crosswalk " excel file at": https://genealogytools.com/family-tr...pps-crosswalk/

Comment

Also, be sure to select the "Ancestry option" in Reunion 12 for the Gedcom . This copies some, but not all of the source fields into the detail. Title and register transfer. I have been putting my reunion source number, ie R588, in the title or free form area, so when I upload the document of the same name, it is findable.

Comment

I have used ReUnion 9 for many years and apart from the odd 'blip' found it user friendly. When I recently upgraded my MacBook Air, it was necessary to Upgrade to ReUnion 12. I was hoping that i would be building upon previous skill base acquired, with provision of extra refinements. However, struggling with new techniques, no longer straightforward, I am finding this upgraded version of ReUnion much less user friendly;

Comment

Working...
          X