X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple question?

Hello All,

I hope this is a simple question. I am trying to block social security numbers from appearing in any printouts and yet leave them in my files How do I do this? Actually this would be good info for blocking any information too. Because I have used REUNION for years, many times the SS number is included in a notes field rather than just in the facts field.

I am having trouble searching all these files.

Also, when using the Find Anything, how do you designate a field being "blank" for a search?

Thanks,
    Frank
    Frank Zwolinski
    Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
    MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Re: Simple question?

Originally posted by Frank Zwolinski View Post
    I am trying to block social security numbers from appearing in any printouts and yet leave them in my files.
    I would move them all to the SSN fact field, and not use it on printouts. If you leave any SSNs in the notes, the only way not to have them show up would be not to designate the note fields in the report format.

Also, when using the Find Anything, how do you designate a field being "blank" for a search?
    Just leave the field blank.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

More drastically, I removed all SSN's from my family files long ago. There is really no valid reason to have them in the file and it could be a security risk if someone got hold of my file. I realize that others have a different opinion about their usefulness but that is my stand.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions.

I should add that MOST of the SS #'s I have are for the dead, but a few are for more recent. I may take Bob's suggestion and just remove those later ones.

Frank
        Frank Zwolinski
        Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions.

I should add that MOST of the SS #'s I have are for the dead, but a few are for more recent. I may take Bob's suggestion and just remove those later ones.

Frank
          If you do decide to keep the SS#s of the deceased, then look at the "Privacy and Sensitivity" preferences, especially the sensitivity delimiters. I use them for excluding information from reports that I wish to keep but do not wish to share; for a variety of reasons.

Bob
          Bob Goode
          Reunion 12.0; ReunionTouch 1.0.8; OS 10.14.2

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Goode View Post
            If you do decide to keep the SS#s of the deceased, then look at the "Privacy and Sensitivity" preferences, especially the sensitivity delimiters. I use them for excluding information from reports that I wish to keep but do not wish to share; for a variety of reasons.

Bob
            Hi Bob,

Just to clarify, can those "delimiters" be used in ANY field including NOTES to restrict a full sentence or even just a word OR a full paragraph?

Thanks,
            Frank
            Frank Zwolinski

Comment

Hi Bob,

Just to clarify, can those "delimiters" be used in ANY field including NOTES to restrict a full sentence or even just a word OR a full paragraph?

Thanks,
              Frank
              Frank,
              Go to Preferences under the name Reunion in the top menu bar. Click on Privacy and Sensitivity > then the Sensitivity button.
              or type in "delimiters" in the manual.

Bob
              Bob Goode
              Reunion 12.0; ReunionTouch 1.0.8; OS 10.14.2

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Goode View Post
                Frank,
                Go to Preferences under the name Reunion in the top menu bar. Click on Privacy and Sensitivity > then the Sensitivity button.
                or type in "delimiters" in the manual.

Bob
                This is a wonderful utility - because there are choices of the symbols that can be used to delimit sensitive information, be sure to remember which you decide to use for this purpose. I chose the set of symbols that I would never use for any other purpose (which definitely does not include parentheses - too easy to use for other little notes...).

Comment

Working...
                X