This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my computer finally dies...

When my computer finally dies and I get a new Mac, what is the procedure to install Reunion again and to relink up all the files and photos? I have well over 1000 entries. I do have a backup saved (I hope) on Time Machine.
    Thanks.

Re: When my computer finally dies...

Once you boot up your new Mac, you have the option of restoring the image of another Mac from your Time Machine backup. You should get Reunion and all it's files on the new Mac just perfectly by doing that. The folder structure will look the same as your old Mac.

Comment

But I wouldn't wait until it dies. When it starts going downhill, get out and shop.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Don't mean to steal this thread but I have a similar problem except I have been using the "new" computer for about 6 months.

I did not transfer Reunion files from the old MBP to the new MBP in the initial setup and did not have the time to use Reunion until recently.

Is it possible to dl the necessary Reunion files to a Thumb Drive from the old MBP and use it to transfer the files to the new MBP? The old MBP is running 10.8, the new MBP has 10.9. I have Reunion 9 on both, or is another procedure better?

Thanks, Bill

Comment

You should be able to simply copy the family files from one to the other. Look in the "Reunion Files" folder - mine is in my Documents folder. Just copy all the .familyfile files to the thumb drive, and them copy them from that into the new MBP's equivalent folder.

Comment

Working...
          X