This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep Notes Window Open?

Is it possible to keep the Notes Window in view while inputting Events in the Person View? I write all my data in the Notes field and only enter Events for some people. It would be helpful to be able to cut and paste or extract as needed. I thought I read that multiple windows could be open, but maybe that requires opening duplicate copies of the file? Thanks.
    Last edited by DeniseL; 16 May 2013, 06:57 PM.

Re: Keep Notes Window Open?

As far as I know the answer is no. I'll watch this space closely for any workarounds, as this would be my biggest annoyance, I only have two. The other is not having an indicator for notes in the marriage field.
    Last edited by suzivegemite; 16 May 2013, 06:02 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

The design of the Person edit window is also one of my pet peeves. But that is another story.

The once in a while that I have a real need -- one that makes flipping back and forth really a pain --- I simply take a screenshot of the Notes contents and open that off to the side. Of course, I am working on a 27" screen. Might not work so good on a laptop screen.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thanks for your workaround Bob. This would work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseL View Post
          Is it possible to keep the Notes Window in view while inputting Events in the Person View? I write all my data in the Notes field and only enter Events for some people. It would be helpful to be able to cut and paste or extract as needed. I thought I read that multiple windows could be open, but maybe that requires opening duplicate copies of the file? Thanks.
          I'm not sure why there are separate screens for Name, Events, Facts, Notes, Flags, each of which often contains acres of empty space! Why not have a single Input screen?
          Jamie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
            The design of the Person edit window is also one of my pet peeves. But that is another story.

The once in a while that I have a real need -- one that makes flipping back and forth really a pain --- I simply take a screenshot of the Notes contents and open that off to the side. Of course, I am working on a 27" screen. Might not work so good on a laptop screen.
            My solution is to select all/copy the Notes and paste them into TextEdit - from which I can copy and paste as required. I then delete the redundant material from the original Notes.
            Last edited by John Hill; 17 May 2013, 07:43 AM. Reason: Typo :-(

Comment

Thanks for the replies and workaround suggestions. My "memory" must have been wishful thinking. This would be such a helpful feature for anyone who uses the notes sections extensively. [hint hint: Reunion Developers].

Comment

Working...
              X