This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrating from RY3 to Reunion - Importing GEDCOM

Has anyone ever migrated from Relatively Yours 3 ("RY3") to Reunion? Any quirks with migration of data? Did the GEDCOM export (which I believe to be version 5.5) capture all expected data? (Anyone to have done so would, I suppose, most likely to be from Australia where the programme is most popular.)

The crux of my concern is that I am still selecting which genealogy programme to switch to, and with so much data to import, I'd rather avoid data loss if I can help it. Another programme I am evaluating fails to import data associated with certain GEDCOM 5.5 tags (currently anyway; I'm sure they will fix that). Without having an import capability within the demo version of Reunion, I cannot quantitatively assess if I might lose data. I'd rather not rest on a blanket assumption that any GEDCOM 5.5 file will be fully processed inbound.

On reflection, perhaps my question is more generic then: Should/will Reunion 10 import (to some fields somewhere; mapping is a lesser concern for me) ALL data from a properly formed GEDCOM 5.5 file?

Re: Migrating from RY3 to Reunion - Importing GEDCOM

Originally posted by Steve J View Post
    Has anyone ever migrated from Relatively Yours 3 ("RY3") to Reunion? Any quirks with migration of data? Did the GEDCOM export (which I believe to be version 5.5) capture all expected data?...On reflection, perhaps my question is more generic then: Should/will Reunion 10 import (to some fields somewhere; mapping is a lesser concern for me) ALL data from a properly formed GEDCOM 5.5 file?
    I don't have any experience with a Gedcom transfer from RY3. However, as a general rule, the basic information normally transfers fine via Gedcom. (I.e., names, dates, places, notes, etc.) Additional information about the transfer of information via Gedcom to Reunion can be found here...

In any case, the best way to find out how well the transfer works for you is to test it out for yourself. I can issue a trial license to you that would enable you to do a test transfer prior to purchasing Reunion 10. If you would like a trial license, please send an email to me at...

sales (at) leisterpro (dot) com

Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Migrating from RY3 to Reunion - Importing GEDCOM

My thanks to the team. For those looking on, I have now imported my entire database and am working though the result to ensure that at least most of the key data is present and properly associated. That's not to say I expect Reunion not to process it correctly where it should, but to see if it handles some of the issues evident in the GEDCOM my current programme creates.

No roadblocks so far...

Comment

Working...
      X