This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Find and Replace Places

Another really nice thing about the Places list is that you can drag and drop variations of the same place name to your preferred name. Very handy for correcting misspellings, changing all the twps to townships, etc.

Paul

Comment

Re: Find and Replace Places

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      For the sake of those who come after you and relatives in other countries that you might share with, I recommend that you do not do this. Let's say your currently unborn great nephew, born and raised in another country and not knowing a lick of English, is given a copy of your work 70 years from now. AND the current state abbreviations are long ago history. (We've only been using these since the 1950's and it could change again in our lifetime.)

Long ago, I thought about this and then went through all of my work and spelled out all --- and not just place names. If I were you, I'd at least give this some thought like I did.
      I use Chapman's English County Abbreviations in my family file. And to ensure descendants will be able to decode them, I have included a list of the abbreviations with their full names in a log attached to the file. Very useful for such things, the logs, far more than what Leister suggests in the manual.
      Nick Michael
      LAIDMAN One-Name-Study
      GOONS Member 3814
      http://laidman.one-name.net

Comment

Working...
      X