This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating/opening report to Pages

First attempt in Reunion 10.0.5. Both Family History and Descendant report "Create" and "BuildsIndex" but don't open in Pages. I've tried and tried. I also have Open Office, but don't have that option in the drop down menu.

Help!
    Thanks

Re: Problem creating/opening report to Pages

Originally posted by S Corcoran View Post
    First attempt in Reunion 10.0.5. Both Family History and Descendant report "Create" and "BuildsIndex" but don't open in Pages. I've tried and tried. I also have Open Office, but don't have that option in the drop down menu.

Help!
    Thanks
    For those programs it knows by name, Reunion (so far as I am aware, at any rate) creates the report in RTF format and then opens it with the designated application. But you can still use others, like Open Office, by choosing the create the report in RTF and then opening the resulting file in your preferred program. Try with Pages and see if it'll open it, and I'm certain that Open Office will also handle RTF.

FYI, there's also a format known as RTFD which, in actuality, is a "package" structure with multimedia inside it. Not all programs that can handle regular RTF can do RTFD. You might visit the manual and search for what it tells you on both forms, as well as perhaps searching for other threads here mentioning either.
    Montgomery, Alabama

Comment

Re: Creating/opening report to Pages

Check Reports in Reunion Preferences to see if the applications have been added. Once added via Preferences, the application should be available in both of the mentioned reports.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
        Check Reports in Reunion Preferences to see if the applications have been added. Once added via Preferences, the application should be available in both of the mentioned reports.
        This is the answer! Thanks. (I had upgraded Pages since the last time I printed a report. Preferences needs to be upgraded to match.)

Comment

Re: Problem creating/opening report to Pages

Originally posted by Steve W. Jackson View Post
          FYI, there's also a format known as RTFD which, in actuality, is a "package" structure with multimedia inside it. Not all programs that can handle regular RTF can do RTFD. You might visit the manual and search for what it tells you on both forms, as well as perhaps searching for other threads here mentioning either.
          As far as I know, Apple's TextEdit is the only app which supports RTFD files.
          Surnames Dresch, Eyden, Lunn, Mountfort, Page, Robinson, Ryan, Whitworth, and more.

Comment

Bean supports RTFD, is a fairly full featured but basic word processor and is free. It reminds me a lot of early versions of Word (versions 4 or 5). See it at www.bean-osx.com.
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
            X