This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multple marriages between same two individuals

I have an individual in my database who married the same lady twice. How do I enter the second marriage? They married, divorced and then remarried a short time later.

I also have another individual who married the same lady twice. This individual married two other individuals before remarrying the first wife. I went back to check the entry (which occurred when using Reunion 9) and the second marriage to the first wife is no longer there.

Thank you for helping me with this question.

Marian Newman Parsons

Re: Multple marriages between same two individuals

Originally posted by Marian Parsons View Post
    I have an individual in my database who married the same lady twice. How do I enter the second marriage?
    I'm quoting now from a previous thread (see http://www.reuniontalk.com/showthrea...5657#post35657)

My method: first add a fake second wife, then create another marriage with the original wife, then delete the fake wife. So you enter Adam and Eve as married, add a fake second wife Lilith, and with Adam and Lilith showing, you can add Eve again as Adam's wife (and fill in the different marriage date). You can then delete Lilith and have the two separate marriages between Adam and Eve.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: Multple marriages between same two individuals

Originally posted by Marian Parsons View Post
      I have an individual in my database who married the same lady twice. How do I enter the second marriage? They married, divorced and then remarried a short time later.

I also have another individual who married the same lady twice. This individual married two other individuals before remarrying the first wife. I went back to check the entry (which occurred when using Reunion 9) and the second marriage to the first wife is no longer there.

Thank you for helping me with this question.

Marian Newman Parsons
      ----------------------

You're right, I just checked my cousin. She married first A then B then A then C Then D then B then A

Now, apparently she's married B then C then D then A. I love it when computers think they're smarter than me. Changing 7 marriages into 4. I'll have to change my documentation to match.

STEVE
      Last edited by STEVE; 22 January 2013, 04:58 AM.
      STEVE, Reno, NV, USA

Comment

Working...
      X