Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Reunion 10 family file open in Reunion 8?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Reunion 10 family file open in Reunion 8?

I am about to upgrade from Reunion 8 to Reunion 10. My friend has R8 but can't upgrade to R10 because his operating system is too old. Once my family file is converted to R10, will I be able to open it in R8 when I am at my friend's house?

In other words, will it be backwards compatible? If not, is there a way of converting it back to R8 without data loss?

Re: Will Reunion 10 family file open in Reunion 8?

You can't open a Reunion 10 file with Reunion 8. I don't know of any way to transfer data other than by gedcom. It will have most data, but won't be 100% complete.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeverly View Post
      I am about to upgrade from Reunion 8 to Reunion 10. My friend has R8 but can't upgrade to R10 because his operating system is too old. Once my family file is converted to R10, will I be able to open it in R8 when I am at my friend's house?

In other words, will it be backwards compatible? If not, is there a way of converting it back to R8 without data loss?
      The Reunion 8 family file will remain and a new Reunion 10 family file will be created. You will still be able to open your old Reunion 8 family file with Reunion 8.

HTH,
      Kevan
      Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
      Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
        You can't open a Reunion 10 file with Reunion 8. I don't know of any way to transfer data other than by gedcom. It will have most data, but won't be 100% complete.
        Thanks, that's what I was hoping to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by kyuck View Post
          The Reunion 8 family file will remain and a new Reunion 10 family file will be created. You will still be able to open your old Reunion 8 family file with Reunion 8.

HTH,
          Kevan
          Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. Maybe my friend will buy a new computer eventually and upgrade to R10.

Comment

Working...
          X