This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEDCOM Export

I have exported a GEDCOM file from Reunion 10 (latest version) and imported that file into another genealogy program as well as uploading it to my TNG site (using the option to replace all records on the site). In both instances I notice that gender is not consistently transferred into the GEDCOM file and subsequently into the program into which the file is imported. ON the TNG site my gender is listed as unknown. Because there is no gender associated with my record the other genealogy program handles the import as a same gender marriage. I have not tried importing the GEDCOM from Reunion into a blank family file to see how Reunion handles its own GEDCOM file; however, when I view the GEDCOM file in a text editor it is clear that gender is not associated in all instances where it appears that it should. I maybe missing something here but I've updated both of these programs before and have not encountered this strange behavior.
    Tom Brown

Re: GEDCOM Export

Sorry, disregard my post. I realized that I had the privacy filter checked for exporting the GEDCOM file which I assume removes information such as gender for all living individuals. Too bad that can't be fine-tuned to allow more control.
    Tom Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Brown View Post
      ...I realized that I had the privacy filter checked for exporting the GEDCOM file which I assume removes information such as gender for all living individuals. Too bad that can't be fine-tuned to allow more control...
      It can be fine-tuned.

Click the ? button and search the manual for "privacy filter" (without the quotes).

You'll discover there's a button in the Privacy & Sensitivity Preferences to include/exclude sex for "private" individuals.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Frank.
        Tom Brown

Comment

Working...
        X