X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 9 Lock up

Hi
    I am using Reunion 9.0C with Lion on a MacBook (2009).

Occasionally when I close Reunion the whole system locks up and I get the constant ringing from Reunion - the 'ding' that indicates an error has occurred, but continuous. The only way I can rectify the problem when it happens is to shut down the system using the power off button.

Despite several software upgrades (both for Mac and Reunion) the problem continues.

Any suggestions?

David Feather

Re: Reunion 9 Lock up

The fact that you have to do a hard shutdown normally indicates an OS problem or even a hardware problem. Plus it appears from your statement that the problem is of long existence. Does the need for a hard shutdown only happen when using Reunion or is it a general problem? Have you ever repaired permissions or run a diagnostic software like Disk
    Warrior or TechTool? Or had a Mac repair person look at it?

Just throwing out some clues as it really sounds like a repair problem.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Hi Bob

Thanks for the clues. Yes it is long standing and only ever happens when I close Reunion, never anything else. In fact other than this issue the computer has always run like 'clockwork'. I'll have a look at some of your suggestions though.

David

Comment

Actually, based on your reply, I'd ignore my suggestions and advise that you contact Leister. Apple provides a library of often used routines to developers for most of the "housekeeping" functions like opening and closing files, printing, saving, etc... Most developers use these but it is unknown to me if Leister is using the standard close or their own. At any rate, I believe something is amiss in the close/quit file code on your copy of Reunion.

The best thing to do is to have Leister take a look at your file. You can choose the appropriate method of contact at http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/lp/contactus.php. Good luck!
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by David Feather View Post
          Hi
          I am using Reunion 9.0C with Lion on a MacBook (2009).

Despite several software upgrades (both for Mac and Reunion) the problem continues.

Any suggestions?

David Feather
          My suggestion would be to upgrade to Reunion 10; version 9 was developed well before the Lion OS came out. You are way behind on your Reunion upgrades.
          Howard Fink
          knowHow@mac.com

Comment

Originally posted by David Feather View Post
            Hi Bob

Thanks for the clues. Yes it is long standing and only ever happens when I close Reunion, never anything else. In fact other than this issue the computer has always run like 'clockwork'. I'll have a look at some of your suggestions though.

David
            I have seen many instances where Reunion 9 will crash if you close the family file, and then try and Quit Reunion 9 when no family file is actually open.

If you quit Reunion with the family file open then it will close and quit normally.

It sounds like what is happening to you is something a little different though.

Roger
            Roger Moffat
            http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
            http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Working...
            X