This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Method for Merging (Reunion10)

I've been lapsing too long, originally I used PAF before discovering Reunion a few versions back, but I still have to figure a few things out... I have currently 1725 entries in my Christensen file, with me at it's center, but also including my wife's side. Maiden name is Sickles, but it leads back int Hanovans...

My wife lat night found a Hanovan file online, from a PAF posted site, (Google is great) it shows just the names of us, our children, but a lot of information in that Hanovan leg... From the site was the ability to download the GEDCOM... Did that, found there were 1394 entries! So I created a second Reunion10 file for the Hanovans, lots of data, census data recorded in the notes, apparently the multimedia files don't travel well, the titles are listed, but missing.. Another oddity, to me at least is that many entries are only shown as "Living" in the charting, but internally the names, dates are there..Maybe a PAF safeguard?

OK, now I'd really like to merge those folks into my existing Christensen file, make it one. No doubt I have a lot of the more current data in my Christensen file, but they should be merged.

Is there any specific sequence for doing this? The merge info I found here was pretty dated, back to 2005, earlier versions of Reunion...

I'm assuming I should try this with copies, eventually make the one large file my Master...

But I'm hesitant to just dive in without a bit of input...

Thanks, I should have signed in here years ago, but...

geOrge

Re: Method for Merging (Reunion10)

Originally posted by George Christensen View Post

OK, now I'd really like to merge those folks into my existing Christensen file, make it one. No doubt I have a lot of the more current data in my Christensen file, but they should be merged.

Is there any specific sequence for doing this? The merge info I found here was pretty dated, back to 2005, earlier versions of Reunion... geOrge
    OK, moving right along, I just updated to Reunion 11, Dropbox, and it seems solid..

Is the above question still valid? Or can I simple Import the secondary file? If tehre are Islands, in this case, maybe a very large one, where do I begin to stitch the Island(s) to the main file?

geOrge

Comment

Working...
    X