This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find the ages of all marked people at a wedding date

I am very interested in old photographs of ancestors.
    One of the problems is identifying old wedding photos.
    To assist in this I want to produce a report of the ages of all people
    in an extended family at the time of a wedding.

I can mark the group of people I want, but when I try to find their ages
    using Report "On This Date" it will not allow me to set the Reference Date
    passed the death date of the selected top level ancestor.

Or when I use "Find Living" people with Birth Date Before, And Death Date After,
    the marriage date, And Persons Marked,
    It does not include all the marked people (I think because I do not know all the Death Dates).

How can I list the ages of all living marked people at a specified date ?

Re: Find the ages of all marked people at a wedding date

I agree and have posted a similar request. I too was motivated by trying to identify people in old photos. In fact, this report was a chief reason to upgrade to v10 from v 9. Please let us mark people whose ages we want on a certain date.

Comment

Peter W.

Originally posted by Peter W. View Post
      I agree and have posted a similar request. I too was motivated by trying to identify people in old photos. In fact, this report was a chief reason to upgrade to v10 from v 9. Please let us mark people whose ages we want on a certain date.
      Perhaps I should say never mind my request. I see that I can accomplish something near to this with a timeline. I can mark the persons of interest and the timeline sorts them by age. It doesn't give their actual age, only a rough graphic representation.

Comment

Re: Find the ages of all marked people at a wedding date

Hi Peter:

You can quickly display a report of marked people with their ages (as long as each has a birth date) by performing a Find using Attributes, "Person Marked" = "Yes" and then click on the List Window (orange icon at lower right), and the add the column from the Attributes, "Age". (I just re-read your question and am revising my post).

However this doesn't give the age on a specified date. Good question, you have.
        Last edited by Bill George; 21 December 2012, 02:33 PM. Reason: Misread original question
        Bill George
        http://www.billgeorge.com

Comment

Working...
        X