X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing events

Hello all,

I am looking for a way share an event or drag and drop it in Reunion 10 so that I don't have to type it in for every member of a family.

My scenario is that a large number of family member were resident at a premises on 2 separate census returns. I am now faced with having to enter a census event (and add the source to it) onto 10 different peoples records - for two census dates! I have tried drag and drop but no luck.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Re: Sharing events

From the User's Manual. I found using the Apple C and Apple V keys worked for me.

Paul

Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Events
    When an entire event line is highlighted in the list (by clicking in the Type column in the Edit Person/Events), you can use the Edit menu or standard Mac keyboard shortcuts to cut, copy, or paste events. You might find these shortcuts useful if you enter an event for the wrong person, or if you need to copy information (date, place, memo field) from one person to another. For example, when copying census data from a father to his children for each census year.
    Step by Step...
    1. In Edit Person / Events, enter an event for a person, and a source if applicable.
    2. Highlight the whole line of the event you want to copy and choose Edit -> Copy.
    3. Click Done in the Edit Person panel.
    4. Navigate to the person to whom you want to add this event.
    5. Open his Edit Person / Events panel.
    6. Click on the line above where you want the new event to appear.
    7. Choose Edit -> Paste.
    Make sure when you click on events you do it on the Event name at the left to select the entire line both for the copying and pasting.

Apple X
    Cut

Apple C
    Copy

Apple V
    Paste

Apple Z
    Undo

Comment

Note that if you're copying an event that has a source attached to it, I've found you need to first create the event with the source and save the record before opening it back up and copying the event. If you don't do this, the source wasn't attached to the copy/paste.

Roger
      Roger Moffat
      http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
      http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Ah! How wonderfully simple! Apple C/V worked first time. And my source was still attached too.

Thank you for your replies!

Comment

Working...
        X