This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merging spouses/children

I have a couple whose ID numbers are identical, and they are listed with all their children which I'll call family 1 . However they are also listed again under Spouse & Children, but here only two children-family 2. The husband and wife only appear once in the index. Their ID is the same in both families. The duplicated children of family 2 have different ID numbers but only appear once in the index.
    I mark the children for merge, but no match is found. The children's birth dates are the same in each family, but the supplemental information in family 1 differs from that in family 2. The children are not duplicated in the index so they can't be dragged into the other family. Has anyone else experience the marked people merging not working?
    Bring back the edit spouse feature please. The merging in 10.0.4 is not as good as in earlier versions and still remains a weak spot in Reunion
    M. Hougland

Re: Merging spouses/children

Originally posted by mhougland View Post
    I have a couple whose ID numbers are identical, and they are listed with all their children which I'll call family 1 . However they are also listed again under Spouse & Children, but here only two children-family 2. The husband and wife only appear once in the index. Their ID is the same in both families. The duplicated children of family 2 have different ID numbers but only appear once in the index.
    I mark the children for merge, but no match is found. The children's birth dates are the same in each family, but the supplemental information in family 1 differs from that in family 2. The children are not duplicated in the index so they can't be dragged into the other family. Has anyone else experience the marked people merging not working?
    Bring back the edit spouse feature please. The merging in 10.0.4 is not as good as in earlier versions and still remains a weak spot in Reunion
    Oops, the husband has an identical ID number in both cases and the wife's unique ID is also the same in both families
    M. Hougland

Comment

Working...
    X