This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events Help

I have a couple of questions with regard to EVENTS that I need some help in understanding:

Observation/Question 1: In the ‘Edit Person’ area, I’m presuming that an event should/must be entered at the top of the page if I want to add or enter the Source Citations at the bottom of the page. I have been following that practice thus far, but I have also noted that even without adding an event, I can use the feature ‘Add Source’ at the bottom of the page and enter a source.

Observation Question 2: When printing any of the reports though, my sources do not show at the end of the resultant report. Puzzling is that, some of my earlier source entries do show when I prepare a report but as I add new ones, the reports do not reflect the source citations. I've tried to set up the newest sources exactly as my older ones, but the sources for new entries do not appear in my reports. I have my Reunion 'Family View' set to ‘Default’ and my report preferences set to ‘Sources ‘→ ‘Include Endnotes’ checked → ‘Enable ibids’ checked → ‘include endnotes at end of each report’ checked.

Would someone give me some insight into these two items? I would like to include the sources as endnotes to my reports and would appreciate some clarification.

As an afterthought, I entered the source under the 'name' feature and that allowed me to see the source as an end note in the reports. So - is there a way for the event sources to show in a report?

Bob
    Last edited by sgtbob; 18 November 2012, 07:55 AM. Reason: Forgot an item

Re: Events Help

Originally posted by sgtbob View Post
    Observation/Question 1: In the ‘Edit Person’ area, I’m presuming that an event should/must be entered at the top of the page if I want to add or enter the Source Citations at the bottom of the page. I have been following that practice thus far, but I have also noted that even without adding an event, I can use the feature ‘Add Source’ at the bottom of the page and enter a source.
    The source citation is always located in a particular field. The Edit Person panel has five sections, which behave in slightly different ways.

Name: if you go into Edit Person by clicking on the Name, or anywhere in that box, you will enter the Name section with a caret flashing (for some reason) in Prefix Title; add a source reference, and back in Family View, its number will appear on the end of the name.

Events/Facts: if you go into Edit Person by clicking a fact or event, the caret will be flashing in the chosen field, and back in Family View you will see the source reference on the end of that fact/event. While you're in there, you can add other source references - just change the focus (move the caret) with a click elsewhere.

Notes: here you have the extra privilege of source-referencing different parts of the note; therefore, in a long note, you may well find the caret in the 'wrong' place - so move it.

Flags: you can't attach a source reference to a Flag.

Sorry I can't help with Observation Question 2.
    Last edited by Michael Talibard; 19 November 2012, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Re: Events Help

Thanks Michael for the input. After some experimentation with the Sources (Names and Events in particular) the source number will appear a source associated with the Name, the source number will appear adjacent to the name on the Family view and in any resultant report of the individual and also appear in the end notes. However, my tests of Events yields a slightly different return - If a Birth, Death or Burial is entered and a source attached to it, the sources will appear as end notes in my reports. Adding other events (Military, Christening, etc) will permit adding a source at the bottom of the page but unfortunately, I was hoping that the source for these events would get transferred to reports either in the data under the persons name or in the end notes.

Possibly Reunion is not geared fo rthis type data, or as is the most probable case, I do not understand how to incorporate such data.

Comment

Working...
      X