This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source citations

I recently upgraded to Reunion 10 and in general really like the easy use. However, I am having difficulties with source citations. When I place a source citation, leave the window properly, and then go back to check the sources are no longer there. Is there something I am not doing correctly or is this a bug? I have been working with marriage certificates at the present time and this is the first time I have noticed that my citations are not appearing. I really hope I don't have to go back and check everything I have done recently to make sure the sources are there. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Marian M Parsons
    booklady60@embarqmail.com

Re: Problem with source citations

I think I have discovered why my source citations were not appearing. Seems there is a limit on characters and I maxed the limit when I input the entire marriage certificate. I have since modified what I entered and that seems to have solved the problem. Hopefully that is what the problem is. My husband keeps worrying that my database is getting too large and since I have been adding some pictures and PDF documents thinks it may slow down. So far I haven't noticed any slowing.

Marian Parsons

Comment

Re: Problem with source citations

Originally posted by Marian Parsons View Post
      My husband keeps worrying that my database is getting too large and since I have been adding some pictures and PDF documents thinks it may slow down. So far I haven't noticed any slowing.

Marian Parsons
      Any Mac that can handle Reunion v10 will be able to handle 10s of thousands of entries with 1000s of sources and many hundreds of multimedia entries with little loss of speed. There are some on this list that have as many as 150,000 entries!

I took a quick look at my own master file with over 7000 names, it is 9.5 mb in size with 600+ sources and well over 200 multimedia files attached -- no slow down so far!
      Arnold
      -----
      RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Working...
      X