Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move of entry between two family files - possible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move of entry between two family files - possible?

Hi all,
    I have an interesting question that I can't seem to find. I have a family file for myself, and with another person am working on a combined file that includes a lot of my family, but some that are not currently, and some that aren't in my family. I have my "Master" file, and when I work and we make our combined file, I am calling this the "Reference" file.
    Sometimes the other fellow comes up with information I don't have that I want to put in my Master file. Is there a way to move an entry between two reunion family files - ie. the ideal would be two windows open and drag and drop like with images. I could do a small merge I suppose, but that will get tiresome as we keep adding things all the time.
    Suggestions or help?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Webmaster for www.oldstones.ca

Re: Move of entry between two family files - possible?

I think I'm the other person to whom Bill refers.

In any case, let me echo his request.

I would like to see the capacity to drag a person from one family file to another. If this could be done in the same way that one can merge or drag a person to a family card from within a family file my genealogy life would be much easier.

Or is this really outside the realm of possibility?
    Last edited by Wilfred Allan; 24 November 2012, 01:56 PM. Reason: screwed up the first time

Comment

Working...
    X