This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misc. notes in Web Project

How do I include misc. notes in a Web Project report? I have consulted the manual and see no option to do this, but am hoping someone has figured out a way.

Thanks.

Re: Misc. notes in Web Project

Originally posted by chasdodge View Post
    How do I include misc. notes in a Web Project report? I have consulted the manual and see no option to do this, but am hoping someone has figured out a way.

Thanks.
    Misc. Notes can be added by including the Person Sheets, so that a link is defined for each person to this sheet with more detail than is shown on the Family Card alone.
    Montgomery, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by Steve W. Jackson View Post
      Misc. Notes can be added by including the Person Sheets, so that a link is defined for each person to this sheet with more detail than is shown on the Family Card alone.
      Thanks, Steve. I have both the Family Sheet and Person Sheet selected, per the manual, but the notes are missing from the Web Project report.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Thanks.
        Is the box checked for Misc. Notes?

Select Reports --> Web Project, and check the box for Person Sheets. Then also click on the Person Sheets Layout popup menu and choose Define Layouts from the popup list. Scroll down the list of person fields and check the box for Misc. Notes. Then click the Save button and proceed with creating/saving your web project.

Note fields do not appear on family cards in a web project. However, note fields will appear on a web project's person sheets (if so designated in the layout as described in the previous paragraph). To view the person sheet for a individual, click on a person's name on a web project's family card.
        Byron Spoon

Comment

Originally posted by ByronSpoon View Post
          Is the box checked for Misc. Notes?

Select Reports --> Web Project, and check the box for Person Sheets. Then also click on the Person Sheets Layout popup menu and choose Define Layouts from the popup list. Scroll down the list of person fields and check the box for Misc. Notes. Then click the Save button and proceed with creating/saving your web project.

Note fields do not appear on family cards in a web project. However, note fields will appear on a web project's person sheets (if so designated in the layout as described in the previous paragraph). To view the person sheet for a individual, click on a person's name on a web project's family card.
          Thanks for the quick reply, Byron. I had already done as you suggested, but still no notes on the report. After playing around, I discovered that activating both the Person and the Family options somehow excluded the notes from the report. With only the Person option activated, the notes came through just fine. I miss having both displayed, but would rather have the notes. Including the Tree option helped make that up, though.

My lesson? Give me fewer buttons than I have fingers and I'll really mess things up!!

Thanks again to both of you.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, Byron. I had already done as you suggested, but still no notes on the report. After playing around, I discovered that activating both the Person and the Family options somehow excluded the notes from the report. With only the Person option activated, the notes came through just fine. I miss having both displayed, but would rather have the notes. Including the Tree option helped make that up, though.

My lesson? Give me fewer buttons than I have fingers and I'll really mess things up!!

Thanks again to both of you.
            Then I cannot reproduce your problem. I have tried turning on both Family cards and Person sheets at the same time and I do get notes fields showing on the person sheets for a Web project.
            Byron Spoon

Comment

Originally posted by ByronSpoon View Post
              Then I cannot reproduce your problem. I have tried turning on both Family cards and Person sheets at the same time and I do get notes fields showing on the person sheets for a Web project.
              Got it, Byron. I thought the notes would be displayed under the name when the page for the individual was rendered. Clicking on the name opens the notes.

Thanks, again.

Comment

Working...
              X