This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way of entering details of Wills ?

Any help with this please? I enter the date of the will in a person's family card, have a flag set for Will, and then enter either the full text as much as possible or a summary of the will contents in the notes section of that person.

Often the notes section is very full with other biographacial detail etc . Just wondering what others do?
    Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Re: Best way of entering details of Wills ?

Why not just create a new Note called "Will" and enter the text there?
    Terry

Comment

Re: Best way of entering details of Wills ?

Thanks Terry , simple when you know how - I've made two new fields as you suggested, one is Will which just has the date, the second is will detail which has the will summary or details as appropriate. I also have a flag set for Will so that I can see at a glance that I have a person's will, that I know the date and I can see the will summary, all on the one page, ie the family card

I think it should be possible to have these as events or facts in a Smart List so that the field only shows on the family card when there is data present. I do this with census entries having closely followed Michael Talibard's tips for this q.v.. At the moment , i have both Will and Will detail showing on every family card whether filled in or not which isn't particularly elegant.

So homework time for me again to remember how to do this....
      Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Comment

Working...
      X