This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multimedia Photo cut-off in Family View

I am running Reunion 10.0.4 on an iMac 10.6.8, and I used Rebuild Cache Files when I installed Reunion.
    I have about 540 Multimedia files (mainly TIFF & JPG), after installing Reunion 10.0.3 I noticed that sometimes I could not view the full image on Reunion Family View, some off the image was cut-off. Deleting and re-adding did fix the problem.
    I thought Reunion 10.0.4 was supposed to fix this problem.
    But I have just found another example of it.

I will not try deleting & re-adding it in case someone wants to look at the problem.
    Its not a big problem to me as I can easily fix it.

Re: Multimedia Photo cut-off in Family View

Originally posted by Paul Bridges View Post
    I am running Reunion 10.0.4 on an iMac 10.6.8, and I used Rebuild Cache Files when I installed Reunion.
    I have about 540 Multimedia files (mainly TIFF & JPG), after installing Reunion 10.0.3 I noticed that sometimes I could not view the full image on Reunion Family View, some off the image was cut-off. Deleting and re-adding did fix the problem.
    I thought Reunion 10.0.4 was supposed to fix this problem.

I will not try deleting & re-adding it in case someone wants to look at the problem.
    Its not a big problem to me as I can easily fix it.
    Paul, can you tell me how you rebuild the cache? When I installed Reunion 10, all of my Family View multi-media images were cut. It appears to only show the lower left corner of each picture, unless I open it. It's only the thumbnails that are bad.

I upgraded to 10.0.4 and it's still the same. Should I try to rebuild cache, and how do I do that?

Thanks!
    Rob Kreisel
    Researching: Kreisel, Bonarrigo, Kennedy, Fredrick

Comment

Figured it out. Sorry.
      Rob Kreisel
      Researching: Kreisel, Bonarrigo, Kennedy, Fredrick

Comment

Hi Paul,

Originally posted by Paul Bridges View Post
        It's possible that this one thumbnail didn't get rebuilt for some reason -- I would recommend removing and re-adding the image to see if that resolves it. If not, let us know.

Thanks!
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Rebuild Cache again does not fix it.
          Deleting from MultiMedia then adding it back does fix it.

I still have other cases of the problem.

Comment

Paul,

Another solution is to delete the thumbnails from the family file package:

First, quit Reunion 10. Then, locate your file in Finder and CTRL+Click/Right-Click on it; select Show Package Contents from the menu that opens. This will open the family file package and you'll see several files in there - trash the "thumbnails" folder, then close the Finder window.

Re-open your Family File in Reunion 10. It should rebuild all of the thumbnails.

Let us know if the problem persists - thanks!
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I trashed the Thumbnails folder as you suggested, and the problem is still there.

I was thinking about the problem, and I can make a guess as to the cause:
              It may result from the way I used multimedia in R9.
              First I use a minimum size window for Reunion, so that I can fit a Safari screen (e.g. with a census report) side by side with Reunion and fill in a family directly from the screen.
              Second a lot of my multimedia files are either BMD certificates or Probate records Grabbed
              from a Safari screen. These are often very wide horizontally and very narrow vertically.
              When I added the multimedia file to the family view the thumbnail would often obscure some of the information on the parents view (e.g. age or birth date).
              I would then manipulate (using the features provided) the thumbnail to restore the lost information on the parent view.
              When I wanted to look at the thumbnail R9 allowed me to see all of it using the controls on
              the multmedia window.

If you preserved the R9 thumbnail into R10 then I would get a cutoff picture, but I no longer have the controls on the R10 multimedia window to let me see the full picture.

This is speculation, and I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Comment

Working...
              X