This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Source Citation Detail Field in Free form

I would like to be able to see and edit the detail field of a Source citation in free form, just as I would in a word processor such as Word or TextEdit etc. How can I do this? In other word, I want to be able to see the whole detail field in one glance.

Re: Editing Source Citation Detail Field in Free form

What do you mean by the detail field? The free form text? If that is what you're referring to just double click on the source in question and when the source item pops up click on "Free-Form Text"

Comment

Refer to the detail field in the example: I want to be able to see the detail field in this example, not as a single line, but as in edit mode just as you would in a text editor.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Guest; 27 August 2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Corner View Post
        Refer to the detail field in the example: I want to be able to see the detail field in this example, not as a single line, but as in edit mode just as you would in a text editor.
        I'm interested in this issue also - did you get any clarification? After having loaded a GEDCOM, when I view the detail as you show, clicking on it only brings up some data that 'more or less' shows the source title, not the full source data. Would I have to edit each and every person's source to be able to see the actual source data in a separate window??

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbob View Post
          I'm interested in this issue also - did you get any clarification? After having loaded a GEDCOM, when I view the detail as you show, clicking on it only brings up some data that 'more or less' shows the source title, not the full source data. Would I have to edit each and every person's source to be able to see the actual source data in a separate window??
          Disregard - I have discovered that what I wanted to do was to be able to 'call up' the Document in file or the picture in file to see the actual scanned document or picture that I had in file and have found that adding this data to the 'multimedia' in an event seems to do what I was concerned about.

Comment

Working...
          X