X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New message with Reunion 10.0.3

Bonjour,

I sometimes now see a window with the following message :
    "This will fill the list with the first 10000 entries in the family file. Proceed ?"
    And I am offered to cancel or fill.
    What does that mean ?
    So far I have chosen "cancel". What would happen if I was to chose "fill" ?
    And I have far more than 10000 entries : 32000 ???

Thanks for your help.
    Jean-Michel SAINT GIRONS, Paris, France

Re: New message with Reunion 10.0.3

Reunion wants to build a new autocomplete list for the last names.

Where were you in Reunion when you got this message?
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I just received this message while loading a person's events. I did a search here and found this post! I see there was no exact response to the question from the OP! Can someone tell me if I should hit "Proceed" or "Cancel'! I have been hitting "Proceed"!
      For God and Country

Comment

Originally posted by Brelsford Family View Post
        I just received this message while loading a person's events. I did a search here and found this post! I see there was no exact response to the question from the OP! Can someone tell me if I should hit "Proceed" or "Cancel'! I have been hitting "Proceed"!
        This message should only appear when you are editing the last name field for a person and you choose "Rebuild last name list" from the suggestion popup menu that appears under the last name field.

If you're getting this message somewhere else, I would like to know where and also what you were doing just before it appeared.

The last name list is used to build the list of suggestions that appears as you're typing in the last name field. Clicking "Proceed" will rebuild the last name list. Clicking "Cancel" will simply leave the list as it is.

The main reason you would want to rebuild this list would be to remove an incorrect spelling from the list of suggestions.

Either way this list does not effect your family file data, just the contents of last name suggestions.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Gregg...thanks for the reply. That makes sense!!!

I cant remember if it was while I was entering the last name! I will pay more attention the next time it happens to see when it pops up. I will post a reply!

Thanks again.

Bill
          For God and Country

Comment

Working...
          X