This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quotation marks in media comments

I went on major scanning and uploading pictures adventure over the past few years and getting pics and docs added to people's multimedia files. I'm glad I did it under Reunion 9 because I miss the ability to scale the size of photos that we lost in Reunion 10--any chance we'll get that back? But I digress...

More to the point, when I'm adding comments below the pics in the multimedia files, every time I type the apostrophe or quotation mark (") key, it double types. I get quotation marks for apostrophes and four marks for a single quotation. Is my file corrupted or is this a bug in Reunion 10? I've tried normal things (restarting, repairing disk permissions, etc.) to no avail.
    Bradley Jansen
    OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Re: Quotation marks in media comments

It looks like you found a heretofore unreported bug.

In the comments field for multimedia items, when the "Use smart quotes" button is enabled in Reunion's General Preferences, there is doubling of the quote that you type. I.e., if you type a quotation mark, then two appear: one "dumb" and one "smart."

We'll address this in the next maintenance update.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

In the meantime you can work around this in a couple of ways:

- copy and paste the comment from elsewhere (TextEdit will also 'smarten' quotes for you).

- enter the 'smart' version of the quote yourself: option-[ for opening double-quote, option-] for opening single quote, and same keys with shift held down to get the closing versions.

(this last one may be different keys for non-English keyboard layouts)
      Surnames Dresch, Eyden, Lunn, Mountfort, Page, Robinson, Ryan, Whitworth, and more.

Comment

Thanks, Tom, I've just been manually deleting the duplicate punctuation--or trying to remember to just type an apostrophe when I want quotation marks.

So, Frank, I win the prize for finding the most hidden bug?
        Bradley Jansen
        OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Working...
        X