This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source locations and viewing

I've recently converted my family information from another Mac genealogy program to Reunion. This is a considerably more powerful tool for research and analysis. I've been looking at the help manual and searching this forum for the answer and haven't found what I'm looking for. My question is about sources. I understand the columns in the sources window on the right and how one can add fields as necessary.

I have scanned and converted all my sources to pdf files and located them in a folder named, appropriately, 'sources.' My question is is there a way to link the files to the Sources list on the right window? Here's the scenario. I see a source number in an individual's entry and bring up the sources list. Is there some way to 'click' and open the source?

Thanks, Rich Gibson

Re: Source locations and viewing

It would be nice to be able to do what you've described... you can do something similar, but not quite as direct.

When you open a Reunion source (I think of it as a citation), there's a multimedia tab that you can select. From that location, you can link to a multimedia file. Once it's linked, you can always go back to that source, open the multimedia tab, and double click on the multimedia file to open it.
    Last edited by ttl; 16 July 2012, 12:56 PM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thanks. There's no problem. I have two monitors so I can keep finder open and search by the number.

Comment

Upon searching how sources have been used, I have decided that is how I wish to display a note to several families (157 and counting). However, the citation does not work as I had hoped. I would like the source to be a button that displayed the actual data contained in the citation and not the citation itself. Is there a way that clicking the link will display the data? If a different field type can be displayed directly, e.g., jpg, PDF, png, or something else, I can do that.

Comment

Working...
        X