This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Married Name In 10.0.3

Married Name is an automatic fact introduced with Reunion 10.

In 10.0.2 this fact could be displayed on a person, child or parent panes in the Family View. Married name could also be displayed on reports. I verified this was working as described in the Help manual.

With 10.0.3 this fact, though it exists, is no longer automatically populated.

The only place I have found it is working as described is in a Search, using the dash (

Re: Married Name In 10.0.3

Originally posted by kclose View Post
    Married Name is an automatic fact introduced with Reunion 10.
    The special "married name" field also existed in Reunion 9. The main change is that, in Reunion 10, the contents of the "married name" field can appear in buttons of the family view.

In both Reunion 9 and 10, the married name field has special behaviors, because in some circumstances it is "auto populated" so to speak. In addition, Reunion 9 and 10 both have a "married name" fact field which behaves like any other fact field. The main difference is that the fact field "married name" is a field that you, optionally fill in.

I don't see any difference between the way 10.0.2 and 10.0.3 handle the married name fact field, or the special "married name" field.

I think the confusion here is that the special, auto-populated "married name" field can be selected in the list of fields included in child buttons. However, when selecting fields for the husband/wife or parents in the family view, you're actually selecting the fact field called "married name" — which is different. And, if you haven't entered anything into the fact field "married name," then nothing will appear in the fact field in the family view.

Put another way, when you select the fact field "married name" for inclusion in a view, then it will only show content when you've explicitly entered something into the fact field "married name." Whereas, when you select "married name" for the child buttons, notice that you're not selecting it from the "Facts" submenu, and thus it behaves differently -- it always gets populated, either with what Reunion thinks is the "married" name or with the content of the fact field "married name" if there's a value in that field.

The manual has more detail about this. Search for "married name."
    Last edited by Frank; 16 July 2012, 07:56 AM.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X