This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 10 in my Apple Dock

I seem to have been able, in the past, to drag files to the Apple sidebar (under the word "Favorites").
    With this version I can't seem to do it.

In that Favorites sidebar, when I right click and then click Get Info, under the Kind of file, version 9 says "Family File." Version 10 had Family File Package (although not from the Favorites sidebar, since I have been unable to put it there).

All I want to do is put my current family file on that Favorites sidebar. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you.

Re: can't put Reunion 10 on my Apple sidebar

In the past, you could put documents in the "Places" section of the Mac OS X sidebar.

However, in LION, Apple has renamed that section to "Favorites" and they no longer let your drag documents in there. You can drag a folder into the Favorites section; but not a document (whether it's a package or not).

So, if you still see something in there, it's probably a remnant from OS X 10.6, when that space was called "Places" and you COULD drag documents in there.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      However, in LION, Apple has renamed that section to "Favorites" and they no longer let your drag documents in there. You can drag a folder into the Favorites section; but not a document (whether it's a package or not).
      You can't drag documents into the sidebar in Lion, but you can still add them using the "Add to Sidebar" command in the Finder's File menu.
      Brad Mohr
      https://bradandkathy.com/genealogy/

Comment

And to remove from that sidebar, right click on the icon and the very last choice in the popup will be Remove from Sidebar.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
        X