This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** invalid - ###

I was cleaning up my data file after importing a GEDCOM which contained custom _* tags. As I was deleting one of the tags (in Field Preferences) I hit the cancel button. I am now left with a "** invalid - 153" fact attached to 51157 individuals in my file (out of 65000ish). Obviously this fact no longer shows up in the Person/Facts section so I cannot delete it. When I look at one of those individuals the fact is listed as "?" and still carries its associated data.

Any idea how I could recover from this? I am definitely not going through 50k+ records to remove a useless tag, obviously.

I also ended up with a "** invalid - 157" note associated with 0 individuals.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Files
    Benoit Bousquet
    Reunion 14

Re: ** invalid - ###

I have an **invalid-63 Event which is is showing 0 usage.

Comment

Originally posted by bbousquet View Post
      Any idea how I could recover from this? I am definitely not going through 50k+ records to remove a useless tag, obviously.
      Please send your family file to us so we can look at it.
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        What's the procedure for this? My file's too large to send as an email attachment.
        Benoit Bousquet
        Reunion 14

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I also have several of these. Can they be fixed or do I also need to send you my file?
          Tom Boyd
          boydroots.net

Comment

Turns out my family file zipped to 9 MB. I emailed it to help@leisterpro.com with a link to this thread.

Extra info that might be relevant:
            When I deleted the extraneous facts using the Preferences/Fields tool, the fields disappeared from the list, only to come back as "?" fields (still associated to the custom GEDCOM tag) when I re-entered the Preferences/Fields page. Deleting the "?" entry from that page seemed to get rid of them for good - aside from the two "** invalid - ####" entries that stayed behind.

Regards,
            Benoit Bousquet
            Reunion 14

Comment

Thanks for fixing my data file. Hopefully this also enabled you to isolate the issue and resolve it in a future update so it doesn't happen to others!
              Benoit Bousquet
              Reunion 14

Comment

Thanks the guys at technical support for fixing my file. (in record time might I add)

Comment

I have several of these, all with 0 uses. Some have 2 digit numbers and some have three digit numbers. I'd love to know how to get rid of them. I have figured out how to create new ones, add them to a person's file so that they are used, and then delete it again (which you can only do it it is used), but I can't get rid of the original ones there with no usage.
                  Roberta

Comment

Originally posted by Roberta View Post
                    I'd love to know how to get rid of them..
                    Hi Roberta,
                    Send your family file to tech guys at Reunion, tell them about the invalid entry's and they'll fix it all for you and send back pronto. They are terrific.
                    S

Comment

Working...
                    X