X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Magic Mouse Issues

Running Reunion 10.0.2 o0n MacOSX 10.7.3

I was about to report this is a major bug but have found a workaround. After applying the update to 10.0.2 I found that I could no longer single click (with my Apple Magic Mouse) in Family view reliably. For instance, single clicking on a parent did nothing. It did not move up a generation at all. Double clicking did weird things. It would appear to be the equivalent of clicking and then rapidly clicking elsewhere on the upcoming refreshed page. Plugging in a wired mouse worked perfectly normally, just not my Magic Mouse. I couldn't put my finger on it but then as a last report before writing this I went to System Preferences/Mouse and unchecked the "Smart Zoom - double tap with one finger" option and everything was good again. Hope this helps someone else.

Otherwise I am enjoying the upgrade.

cheers,
    Martin

Re: Apple Magic Mouse Issues

Update. It gets weirder. After walking away from the computer and coming back again, waking the computer from sleep, the mouse doesn't work again. Going back to the System preferences and this time unchecking "Secondary Click" so I now have a one-button mouse returns to normal again. Then going back and turning those options back on again in the same session at the computer the mouse functions as normal.

Something is clearly not right between the Bluetooth Magic Mouse, waking the OS from sleep, and Reunion 10.

Comment

I'm using a Magic Mouse also and am not experiencing any issues. I think the problem is you using a double click. You should only be single clicking in the family view to move up or down the tree (clicking parent s or children), or single click a person to enter their details. By double clicking I think you are clicking once to select or enter the individual and your second click is activating something else inadvertently ( I think I have seen this when I have inadvertently doubt clicked incorrectly myself).
      Keith Bage
      BAGE One-Name Study,
      www.bage.org.uk
      GOONS (member 4451)

Comment

A back to basics question: How's the battery level in your Magic Mouse? I can always tell when I'm about to get the low battery warning because -- guess what -- single clicking on the left side gets slightly off of normal performance.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

No I am definitely only single clicking as per my first email. That's when nothing happens. When I deliberately double click is when it sees to jump several pages. Single clicking does nothing at all.

Re Batteries. Yes I though about that but it was around the 45% mark as I recall. Just now I have put fresh ones in and it seems to be working just fine for now,

Martin

Comment

Working...
          X