This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial Steps after Importing Gedcom?

I have a family tree of only 200 individuals which I have just moved from iFamily to Reunion10.

For the last few days I have been just "poking around" my data in Reunion10 to get an idea on how the software works.

Before I start adding new information I need to review and cleanup my imported data, but where to start?

Any suggestions on workflow or issues to investigate? One I noticed are my sources. This looks like a good opportunity to get my citations sorted out.

Other suggestions?
    ``````````````````````````````
    Grant

Re: Initial Steps after Importing Gedcom?

I think when I did it from FTM on Windows to Reunion on Mac 4 years ago I ran out some Register Reports on my data in Reunion. I didn't print them, but I scrolled through since it was a good way to see a big chunk of my data at a glance so-to-speak. Helped me identify problems that needed to be fixed. Then I worked to adjust the import process (creating new Reunion fields that mapped to unused fields in the GED, wrote a little AppleScript to massage things in the GED, etc.) and repeated the process, deleting all the data in the Reunion file and reimporting until I was satisfied with the result. I didn't do any manual tweaking in Reunion until I had done the last import I was going to do. I wanted to get as much as I could taken care of in an automated fashion.

Comment

Re: Initial Steps after Importing Gedcom?

Thanks Donworth.

I won't be writing any Applescript but generating a report to find holes and inconsistencies is a good idea.

My file is still pretty small and this is a good opportunity to establish the appropriate fields etc.
      ``````````````````````````````
      Grant

Comment

Working...
      X