This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting out-of-date family file

How do I remove an old family file, in its entirety, from my iMac? I have a newer copy which is up-to-date, and want to remove the old one. Thanks.

Re: Deleting out-of-date family file

Just drag the older file to the Trash.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

The only option when I view the Reunion files is to 'Open' them. They will not drag to Trash. Any other suggestions, please? Is there some other window in which I can see the files, such that I can 'drag to Trash'.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Arnold View Post
        The only option when I view the Reunion files is to 'Open' them. They will not drag to Trash. Any other suggestions, please? Is there some other window in which I can see the files, such that I can 'drag to Trash'.
        Your "old" file should be in the Applications folder unless you have moved it. When you find the "old" family file, you can right click on it if you have a mouse where you can do it. Otherwise, hold down the "Control" key and click on the file. Either way will bring up a list of things you can do. One of those should be "Move to Trash". Click on it and the file should go to the trash.

Hope this helps.
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Just a small remark:
          Deleting a familyfile is ONLY possible in the Finder
          - family files R 8 are (standard) present in the folders Reunion 8 inside the Application folder
          - familyfiles of R 9 or R 10 are present in the standard factory location: Reunion Files IN the Documents folder of Home and NOT in Applications
          Frans van Bodegom
          Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I used Spotlight to find the file

Comment

Working...
            X