X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Pin Placement

I upgraded to 10.0.2

I love the idea of the manual pin placement but I am not being successful in the implementation. I go to a place that is slightly off the location. I already have a pin in place. I move the pin several hundred yards and click the "Get Coordinates" button. The coordinates change from the previous location. Fantastic. Right on target.

Not... When I go back to the place settings in the right side bar and select the place and click "Get" the pin is back in the original spot.

I notice that the the "Get" result from Google, within Reunion, is not the cemetery in question but the more generic small town. I assumed by the new features wording that we can drop a pin on the exact location.

What am I doing wrong? I did not see anything in the manual with regard pin placement.

Bob
    Bob Goode
    Reunion 12.0; ReunionTouch 1.0.8; OS 10.14.2

Re: Manual Pin Placement

Originally posted by Bob Goode View Post
    I love the idea of the manual pin placement but I am not being successful in the implementation. I go to a place that is slightly off the location. I already have a pin in place. I move the pin several hundred yards and click the "Get Coordinates" button. The coordinates change from the previous location. Fantastic. Right on target.
    You're good so far.
    When I go back to the place settings in the right side bar and select the place and click "Get" the pin is back in the original spot.
    That's correct; because what you're doing is telling Reunion to go get the coordinates of the place by name again. That's what happens when you click the Get button. So, it will look for the name of the place.

Bottom line: once you've pin-pointed your location by moving the pin and grabbing the coordinates, you don't want to (and there's no need to) get the coordinates of the place again (unless you discover you've made a pin pointing mistake).

After you fetched the exact geo codes, then I think you probably wanted to "Map this place" rather than click "Get."
    Last edited by Frank; 29 May 2012, 09:40 PM.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      After you fetched the exact geo codes, then I think you probably wanted to "Map this place" rather than click "Get."
      Bingo!!! I knew I was doing something wrong that should have been obvious. Just a little steeper learning curve with all your enhancements in Reunion 10.

Now can you find a quick way to map 1300+ places? <g>

Your pin-point movement to the correct location is a great upgrade in 10.0.2
      Thanks

Bob
      Bob Goode
      Reunion 12.0; ReunionTouch 1.0.8; OS 10.14.2

Comment

I would just like to echo Bob, that the pin placement option is a wonderful tweak to the program. Thanks!

Comment

The manual pin placement is a welcome addition!

Unfortunately, there is one corner case that still needs to be addressed. If on the "geo" tab you click "get" and the geocoder doesn't come up with any matches, you only get a message to that effect. No map comes up so you can't manually drag a pin.

Hopefully that can be addressed in 10.0.3.

Comment

Working...
          X