X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search the Web issue

archives.com

"Invalid or incomplete search criteria. Please correct errors marked to the left and try again."

Re: Location says United States yet error is "Location Required". Also, Birth and Death date are both filled as Birth date from Reunion. Changing manually to the death date, lets me search.

Anyone else seeing this? I ask because I do lock down my browser pretty tight with an outgoing firewall (Little Snitch) and I'm wondering if there is a blocked advertisement site affecting my search or something.

The other search sites within Reunion that I use seem to work fine. I'm using Safari 5.1.7
    Reunion 11.0.7, Mac OS 10.10.3

Re: Search the Web issue

I can see that the web search is using the birth date for both birth and death. I presume this is unintentional.

As for the location. Reunion isn't actually passing any place or location info. Which is maybe why it thinks there is no input and it defaults to ALL UNITED STATES. Pressing enter gets past the location error (since All united States is now selected).
    Keith Bage
    BAGE One-Name Study,
    www.bage.org.uk
    GOONS (member 4451)

Comment

Re: Search the Web issue

Originally posted by harringg View Post
      Location says United States yet error is "Location Required".
      When we originally developed this search we didn't set a location because there was no good way to determine one (you may want to search their birth state, or their death state, etc.) -- however, what we could do is change it to default to "All United States" and let the user choose a more specific location after the initial search.

Also, Birth and Death date are both filled as Birth date from Reunion.
      This looks like a bug in this search. It will be fixed in a future update.
      Last edited by Mark; 30 May 2012, 12:01 PM.
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X