This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family file seems to have Multiple Names

In my applications folder I have "Reunion 10". In to dock I have "Reunion 10".
    In my documents folder I have "Curlin familyfile 10".
    I click on the dock and "Curlin familyfile 10" come up: but if I go to the file and select recent openings it shows two others, namely "Curlin family 10" and "Curlin family 10-1".

How can tell what is correct and where these other 2 files are as they do not show up in my documents folder? I'm afraid to work on my files until I know.Comments , help needed.
    Delbert Curlin
    Reunion 10.0.6 OS X 10.9.2 iphone 3GS
    Searching Curlin, White, McClish,Buckner

Re: Family file seems to have Multiple Names

It sounds as if you converted your Reunion 9 family file more than once and/or made some backup copies from your Reunion 10 family file.

I'd make a wild guess and say that the "Curlin familyfile 10" in the documents folder is the one you want to stick with, but to be absolutely sure, I'd try to remember the people I last worked on in Reunion 10 and open each of those files to see if the changes are there.

Another way to do that is to do a search on Changed Date AFTER some meaningful data entry date, and compare the results in each file to see which is most complete.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

How do you fire up Reunion? Sounds like you may have an alias to your Reunion 9 family file that you double-click on to start it. Then each time you go in, it reconverts the file to 10 and creates another new file.

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
        It sounds as if you converted your Reunion 9 family file more than once and/or made some backup copies from your Reunion 10 family file.

I'd make a wild guess and say that the "Curlin familyfile 10" in the documents folder is the one you want to stick with, but to be absolutely sure, I'd try to remember the people I last worked on in Reunion 10 and open each of those files to see if the changes are there.

Another way to do that is to do a search on Changed Date AFTER some meaningful data entry date, and compare the results in each file to see which is most complete.

I finally got back on line. Thanks to both of you for you response. I Finally found the two copies with different names - The were in Mail backup folder as the kind folks at Leister had to convert my file for me and I wasn't careful enough with the downloads I guess. Anyway I only have one file now and it is doing fine. Thanks again.
        Last edited by Frank; 30 May 2012, 07:43 PM.
        Delbert Curlin
        Reunion 10.0.6 OS X 10.9.2 iphone 3GS
        Searching Curlin, White, McClish,Buckner

Comment

Working...
        X