This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 10 on iCloud?

Will Reunion 10 files be stored on iCloud via a Mac? I use a Mac and a MacBook. I have downloaded version 10 to both, and upgraded my database on both. When I make changes on one computer, then try to replace the file on the other via AirPort, I get a "can't replace because you don't have permission" message. I unlocked the permissions on both computers and, after several tries and much frustration, was able to replace from Mac to MacBook once. Then I re-checked the file's Get Info, and the permissions had reverted back to "locked" on both Mac and MacBook. What am I missing? I moved my Reunion 9 file back and forth regularly any without problems.

I don't use any iOS devices, but Apple indicates that eventually we will be able to save iCloud-friendly documents on iCloud via Mac, maybe when "Mountain Lion" is released??? Will Reunion play well with iCloud? Would that solve my problem?
    Last edited by Frank; 10 July 2012, 11:39 AM.
    Homepage: Family History and Other Fascinations
    http://www.venitap.com/Genealogy/ancestors.html

Re: Reunion 10 on iCloud?

Simple answer, No. I hope it will in the near future.

I sync my iMac and Macbook by copying my Reunion file and with my iPad using the sync option in Reunion.
    Reunion 10.0.1, Reunion for iPad and iPhone

Comment

As far as I know iCloud syncing is only for apps that are sold through the Mac App Store...and Reunion is not available in the Mac App Store. Therefore I don't expect iCloud syncing support in Reunion 10.

Comment

Originally posted by jatzi View Post
        As far as I know iCloud syncing is only for apps that are sold through the Mac App Store...and Reunion is not available in the Mac App Store. Therefore I don't expect iCloud syncing support in Reunion 10.
        But Reunion is available for the iPhone and iPad, and these apps could be programmed to backup to the iCloud in the future, like other apps can do right now.

Comment

Synching and backup are two different animals.

In synching, the like file on separate devices "shake hands" and compare to determine what has changed with each file since the last time they spoke to each other. Then, based on the comparison, each sends necessary data to make each mirror the other.

Backup is just making a copy of a file. If you have Reunion on your iPhone or iPad, it is being backed up along with the rest of your data. Where it is backed up depends on whether you are backing up your device to iTunes or to iCloud.

Note: There is a major difference in the two backups under iOS 5. iTunes backup backs everything. iCloud backup backs all data plus the iOS apps. Thus, if doing a restore when you have been iCloud backup, first the iOS apps and your data are restored then the restore process downloads fresh copies of all of your other apps from the App Store.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
          X