This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find and Replace problem

I decided to replace all instances of County in my place fields with Co. So, I went to the Find and Replace section of the Find area and set it to find any match in the Places field. I clicked replace and after a bit, a progress bar came up and got to about 1/4 of the way across then appeared to stall. I let it run (overnight) thinking that, with almost 9,000 people in my database, there were lots of places to be changed. This morning, it was exactly at the same place. BTW, there was NO "Application Not Responding" notice in the Dock icon for Reunion but it was definitely stalled. I force quit Reunion, opened it again and checked my Places. About 1 out of every 4 or 5 places had been changed from County to Co., very randomly. I tried the same process with different options selected (whole words, etc.) but could never get it to work ..... I would get the spinning gear, which stopped spinning after a second or two, but NO progress bar and no results of any kind.

I know I can make these changes individually in the Places sidebar, but, wow, that's a lot of work, LOL. Shouldn't the Find/Replace be doing that work for me? Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug here?
    Kathy
    Reunion 13
    MacBook Air, Mac OS 13.5.2

Re: Find and Replace problem

Originally posted by Kathy C View Post
    Shouldn't the Find/Replace be doing that work for me? Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug here?
    What you were attempting to do should work; you did nothing wrong.

Would you mind sending us a copy of your family file? I was getting ready to ask for this anyhow since we are not able to identify the problem you are having with Pages.

You can send your family file to help@leisterpro.com.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Frank; 23 May 2012, 12:43 PM.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      What you were attempting to do should work; you did nothing wrong.

Would you mind sending us a copy of your family file? I was getting ready to ask for this anyhow since we are not able to identify the problem you are having with Pages.

You can send your family file to help@leisterpro.com.

Thanks.
      Thanks, Gregg. I just sent the file as an email attachment.
      Kathy
      Reunion 13
      MacBook Air, Mac OS 13.5.2

Comment

FYI. I have found the same problem trying to change "First" to "1st," "Second" to 2nd," etc. in Places.

Darrel
        R10
        Darrel Jiles
        New Mexico
        Jiles/Jordan/Eckroat/Hollenback/Stowitts/Stoll

Comment

Working...
        X