This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zooming images in the media window

How does one zoom on an image in its media window without extending the size of the window itself? In Reunion 9 and earlier, you had a slider in the lower left corner of the image window that could zoom the image. I can see you added an "Open in Preview" option, but why should I have to leave Reunion to read the fine print in a census record, for example?

As it is now, the limit on zooming is based on how far I can grow the size of the media window, which is not nearly as much as I could zoom in the earlier versions. You say the max dimensions of the Media window are unlimited, but there is a practical limit based on screen size. You can only manipulate the window so far before it becomes unwieldy. If I were working on a laptop screen, I would be really limited.
    Mike Phelps
    Goodyear, AZ
    Researching: PHELPS, WATKINS, SPENCER, ALSFASSER, WEMHOENER, BLANCHARD, MARQUETTE, CHAVEZ, VALENZUELA

Re: Zooming images in the media window

Not sure if this what you are looking for... First, display the multimedia list in the List area. Then right/control click on any item for a given person. The resulting popup gives you a number of choices including Open in Media Window and Open in Preview.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Not sure if this what you are looking for....
      I'm pretty sure you can't do what Mike wants: enlarge the image so it's larger than the media window, so you see only a portion of it at a time, using scroll bars to move the image. The new multimedia window is pretty much set up so that what you see is what will be used; if the image needs to be shrunk or enlarged to fill the window, the program handles it automatically. The media window isn't really meant to be used to temporarily view details of an image that are indistinguishable at the enlargement you'll eventually be using.

What you *can* do is temporarily crop the image; the cropped portion will then fill the media window and therefore be larger. But really if you want to do a lot of zipping around an enlarged image, I'd suggest using the tool popup's "Open in Adobe Photoshop CS 5.1" (or whatever image software shows up there).
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Dennis is correct.

In Reunion 9, the cropping was inextricably linked to the zoom.

In Reunion 10, the cropping is independent of the zoom. And the zoom is reliant upon the size of the Media window, which is limited to the size of the display.

Most users image viewer of choice is Apple's Preview app. Control-clicking a thumbnail in Reunion's Media window and choosing Open in Preview takes less than one second to appear on my 3-year old iMac. So, when you're using Reunion and you want to zoom way in on an old census record, that's the best method. You can zoom away, and it'll have no impact on the cropping (as it would have in Reunion 9).
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X