This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inactive Hyperlinks in Manual 10

Has anyone else found that some of the links in the User Manual for Reunion 10 do not work? i.e. I type an item to Search the manual and nothing happens when clicking on Enter. Also at the bottom of Table Contents the links do not work. All links in the manual body of table of contents work just fine.

Secondly, can someone tell me how to ascertain number of people using a single source? Thanks!!

Pat Shannon

Re: Inactive Hyperlinks in Manual 10

My experience is that if the specifics of a broken link are reported, it tends to get fixed with the next version release.

Regarding sources, if you click on Sources in the Nav Bar and click on the source in question in the sidebar, you can click on the hammer at the bottom of the list and select Show Usage of Source. The people connected to that source with then display in the sidebar.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thank you - I certainly missed that icon - tho' should have known from Version 9!

I still think inactive links in the manual are totally inacceptable as V 9 worked just fine. Maybe I am missing something here.

Comment

To check all the links in the Manual in the the Dutch version I use the programm Integrity.
        So, after your message, I used this also for the Reunion 10 Manual and as far as I can see all the links are okay.
        Document exactly your broken links and write this to the Leister staff, that's better than complaining and use words like .. inacceptable ...

The links at the bottom of the Content page refer to Leister webpage and can only work correct if your Mac is connected with internet.
        Perhaps you did not choose a web browser when you first started Reunion 10. ? ?
        Go to Preferences -> Web -> Browser -> choose your browser
        Last edited by fjvanbodegom; 18 May 2012, 03:30 PM. Reason: added last sentence
        Frans van Bodegom
        Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

In another thread another user experienced also problem with the manual:
          Might be you have not defined a webbrowser when you Reunion 10 for the first time, or perhaps you defined a very 'special webbrowser'.
          I cite the manual:
          Note: the web browser specified here is not the same as the "default web browser" for your Mac OS. The "default web browser" handles links in note fields, as explained here.

If so, give it a try and change the webbrowser: Reunion Preferences -> Web -> Browser and choose Safari (Opera, FireFox, Internet Explorer work properly)
          Frans van Bodegom
          Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Working...
          X