This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Query about Mac 'Pages'

I have been back to the 'new features' etc to see if I have missed something, but only find that Microsoft :-( Word is supported.

Most of my documents have been created with Pages (too many to change) and I have been unable to attach them to R9. I would like to know if this is possible in R10 before purchasing it.
    Last edited by Frank; 15 May 2012, 05:57 PM.

Re: query about Mac 'Pages'

I cannot find where in New Features you are seeing that... but let me assure you that the choices are the same as in R9.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Frank; 15 May 2012, 05:56 PM.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Pages documents cannot currently be attached as multimedia items to people or sources. This seems like an oversight and I would hope it'll be corrected soon.

That being said, I would personally be more likely to save Pages documents I want to attach to Reunion as PDF files for wider and possibly longer term compatibility.
      Last edited by ttl; 15 May 2012, 06:10 PM.
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
        Pages documents cannot currently be attached as multimedia items to people or sources. This seems like an oversight and I would hope it'll be corrected soon.
        This was not an oversight.

Rather, the reasoning is what you pointed out...
        I would personally be more likely to save Pages documents I want to attach to Reunion as PDF files for wider and possibly longer term compatibility.
        I use Pages a LOT. Really like the app. But, when it comes to attaching records, notes, whatever to my family file and, especially for sharing with others, the compatibility with other people increases greatly by using PDF files, RTF files, or even crappy MS Word files. Nobody using Windows would be able to see or open the Pages documents, but they could all open PDF, RTF, or MS-Word files. I've found that many Mac users do not use Pages, unfortunately.

Not saying that we can't or won't do this. Just that there are reasons you don't see Pages documents support in Reunion's multimedia features.
        Last edited by Frank; 16 May 2012, 10:47 AM.
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X